I thought I would list a few:
- Fill pitchers with garden flowers that have day-old blooms.
- Let the light in. Opt for soft, gauzy window treatments.
- Cover your sofa with throws and pillows made from vintage fabrics.
- If you have wood floors, show them off.
- Choose fabrics with similar colors, texture and design and use as accents throughout the house.
- Use a cedar chest for a coffee table.
- Display your tea towels, china collection, lost and found finds and other go-to cottage accessories.
- Bring in romantic details, such as wicker accessories, sensuous throws, soft lighting, candles, crystal to catch the light, flowers and fabrics that play on the senses.
- From bed to bath, in the kitchen and in the dining room, floral prints add soft texture and appeal.
- Let nature inspire, use its colors, bounties and elements in your cottage vignettes.
- Paint vintage pieces white or soft pastel shades.
- Add comfort not clutter, edit a room so it provides fundtion and beauty.
- Group your collections by color and/or by kind, showcase them on bookshelves or tables.
- Mix and match your dining rooms chairs, adding a couple of chairs from Lost and Found.
- Show off your reading skills: stake of books lend themselves to a the cottage lifestyle.
- Mix and match: decorate a room with architectural elements and add elegant touches like a silver tea caddy, crocheted cocktail napkins and a crystal bowl filled with fruit, flowers or vintage small toys (dominoes, hot wheel cars, tinker toys).
For all of these items and more... come down to Lost and Found...we love helping you pull your rooms together!
For more ideas..check out our shabby and everything chic pinterst board.
For all our boards:
Lost and found pinterest link click here